Jacksonville Beach Family Law Attorney
The knowledgeable family law attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason K.S. Porter, P.A., champion our clients through the often complex and emotional details of family legal matters. We are experienced in providing skilled representation, no matter the issues needing resolution.
Our Diverse Family Law Experience
Divorce is a common family law matter, but far from the only one. A wide range of issues fall under family law, including:
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Dissolution of Marriage/Divorce
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Modifications of Child Custody & Visitation
- Name Change
- Pre & Postnuptial Agreements
- Termination of Parental Rights
After a divorce is finalized by the court, new issues can be addressed in post-divorce proceedings. You may find that you need additional legal support for any of the following:
- Unpaid Child Support
- Increase or Decrease of Reported Spousal Income
- Timesharing Request Changes
- Alimony Adjustments
- Changes Needed for a Child as They Age
- Relocation of a Former Spouse
- Child Protection from Physical and Sexual Abuse
The rights of grandparents to see minor children can also be an explosive element to a divorce. Florida laws used to allow grandparent visitation if the court determined it was in the best interest of the child, even if a parent disagreed. If denied visitation rights today, grandparents must prove that their visits are in the child’s best interest and/or that the child could be in danger of being harmed if not permitted to spend time with their grandparents.
Protection Against Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is not limited to married or divorcing couples. It can come from a parent, a child, a former spouse, or someone with whom you have or once had an intimate relationship. In Florida, Injunctions for Protection fill the same role as restraining orders in most states. Injunction requests are filed with your county court.
Judges commonly award temporary injunctions in cases where:
- The alleged survivor/victim has proof of threats, harassment, stalking, or physical abuse from the alleged abuser.
- The alleged abuser attempted to harm another individual, such as a family member of the alleged survivor/victim.
- The alleged abuser threatened to use deadly or lethal force or weapons.
- The alleged abuser has a history of criminal or domestic violence or has had other protective orders issued against them.
- The alleged abuser has isolated the alleged survivor/victim, destroyed their property, or caused them to believe they were in immediate danger.
Why Choose Our Family Law Firm?
- 90+ Years of Combined Experience
- Thousands of Clients Helped
- AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for Ethics & Skill
- Two Lawyers Specializing in Family Law Exclusively
Our experience and focus on family law enables us to skillfully advocate for you during negotiation, mediation, and litigation. We understand the emotions involved and compassionately guide you through the process with sensitivity.
Representation for Residents of Ponte Vedra Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach
Many cases are resolved through settlement negotiations and mediations. We have a broad background in negotiation techniques. When a trial is the only option, our Jacksonville Beach family law attorneys can astutely argue your position in even the most complex marital and family law cases. We are prepared to take every necessary step to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Prioritize Your Well-Being
With the best interests and well-being of your family as our priority, the assistance and experience of our attorneys can be essential to providing you with resolutions and closure for all aspects of family law matters.
Jacksonville Beach Office
484 Osceola Ave
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
*By Appointment Only
Call (904) 701-0591 today to schedule a consultation with a Jacksonville Beach family law attorney.
A Guided, Hands-On Approach
Step-by-Step Guidance for Any Legal Matter
A Compassionate Team
Your Story Matters - We're Here to Listen
90+ Years of Combined Legal Experience On Your Side
Top-Rated Ethics & Legal Skill – AV Preeminent® Rating
Trusted & Recommended
Trusted by the Media & Recommended by Our Clients
Top-Rated Personal Injury, DUI, & Criminal Defense Lawyer