Post-Divorce Issues Problems? Pick Porter!

Post-Divorce Issues in Jacksonville

Jacksonville Modification Attorney

At Jason K.S. Porter, P.A., we understand that a divorce agreement that once worked may no longer fit your lifestyle. You may feel a need to change child support amounts as well as alimony, custody and other issues as your life changes and develops, which is why you could benefit from a Jacksonville modification lawyer at our firm. Petitioning for a modification of orders is a legal way to change your divorce agreement, but this petition will likely be denied if you do not have the proper evidence to meet the modification criteria.

Guidance from a Dedicated Law Firm in Jacksonville

The Jacksonville modification attorneys at our firm can guide you through the process so that you can present a valid, well-prepared petition for modification to be considered by a family law judge. If you are looking for a divorce modification, you may be doing so because you have had a major change in life circumstances. For example, you may be charged with paying a large sum to both your ex-wife for spousal support (alimony) as well as a sum to your children for child support.

If you recently had a change in occupation, you may qualify for a modification of these orders. If you have been unemployed for an extended period of time or have taken a pay-cut, then you may be seriously struggling financially. It is important to note that bankruptcy cannot remediate your child support, alimony or related family court-decreed debts. Filing for a modification of orders may be your best option.

Modifying a Custody Order in Jacksonville, FL

Custody issues post-divorce may or may not rise out of financial difficulty. While a child custody decree may be modified because a parent can no longer reasonably care for their child due to financial issues, there are many other reasons why an individual would seek a modification of child custody orders. One potential reason is that a parent has had a change in occupation which requires them to move a great distance.

Because custody and visitation agreements will typically have provisions detailing how far both parents can live from each other, a custody modification is necessary if the parent wants to successfully relocate. Modifying a court-ordered document such as a divorce order can be difficult. A skilled divorce attorney can be trusted with these issues, so contact a lawyer from Jason K.S. Porter, P.A. to discuss your case and take the first step toward resolving your post-divorce issues.

When an Enforcement of Orders Becomes Necessary

Unfortunately, divorce orders are not always obeyed. You may very well be dealing with a situation in which your former spouse is refusing to pay their agreed upon child support or alimony, or your former spouse may be violating your visitation rights. Divorce orders can absolutely be enforced, and you can contact an attorney from our firm to do so.

For example, if your ex is refusing or otherwise failing to pay their debts owed to you, then they could be found in contempt of court. Those that repeatedly disobey divorce orders, even after enforcement, the court can even require imprisonment. To learn more about our enforcement of divorce orders services, call us.

Get the Protection You Need. Call (904) 701-0591

Even those who have successfully completed the divorce process can be struggling with post-divorce issues. Fortunately, there is a way to bring these issues to a resolution. By speaking with a lawyer from the divorce department at our firm, we can evaluate your particular case and advise you on the necessary course of action. To successfully modify or enforce your divorce orders, you need the help of an attorney who has years of experience with the family legal system in Florida.

Our firm has approximately 100 years of combined experience and is ready to assist you, so don't hesitate to contact a lawyer at our firm today!

Thousands of Clients Helped

Powerful Stories From Real People
  • Former Client

    Ms. Carlucci provides great support and promotes collaboration with her clients.

  • Melissa H.

    Nicole Carlucci is truly excellent in her profession.

  • Paul R.

    Nicole Carlucci is an absolutely amazing attorney.

  • Robert B.

    Forever Grateful

The Porter Difference

Six Reasons to Pick Porterâ„¢
  • A Guided, Hands-On Approach

    Step-by-Step Guidance for Any Legal Matter

  • A Compassionate Team

    Your Story Matters - We're Here to Listen

  • Extensive Experience

    Approximately 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience On Your Side

  • Award-Winning Counsel

    Top-Rated Ethics & Legal Skill – AV Preeminent® Rating

  • Trusted & Recommended

    Trusted by the Media & Recommended by Our Clients

  • Top-Rated Attorneys

    Top-Rated Personal Injury, DUI, & Criminal Defense Lawyer

Attorney Jason Porter

Learn more about why you should Pick Porter!â„¢

Pick Porter Today!

Schedule Your Consultation - (904) 701-0591