How is child custody determined in Florida?
When parents are unable to reach a custody arrangement through negotiation
or mediation, the court will determine
child custody. In doing so, the court will consider a number of factors in reaching
a decision that it believes is in the best interest of the children. In
reaching a custody determination, the court will consider:
- Each parent’s ability to provide for the child’s emotional
and physical needs
- Each parent’s ability to provide a safe home environment
- The child’s age and health
- Each parent’s respective lifestyle and health, and
- On rare occasions, the child’s preference
Our lawyers have more than 30 years of combined legal and trial experience.
If we can help you in a matter of child custody, please call us today
at (904) 701-0591.